Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sample Cover Letter


Date

Doctor office/name
Address
City, State Zip




Dear Practice Owner:

I am a fourth year dental student at the University of Dental School seeking an associate position as a General Dentist in the Happyville, USA area upon my graduation in May 2012. I am looking to work in a friendly environment where I can contribute to practice growth while broadening my knowledge of advanced dental topics and procedures. As a hardworking and highly motivated individual, I am open to working mornings, evenings, and weekends.

Through participation in externships, research, and dental organizations, I have used my time in dental school to gain exposure to all branches of dentistry. I have volunteered, participated in many continuing education courses, and attended lectures at the Dentist Conference Meeting each year. I have received training to become a certified Invisalign provider and possess clinical and research experience with the appliance. While I am confident that my education and experiences have prepared me to diagnose and treat patients in all facets of dentistry, I am excited to start my career in the dental world where my skills will increase exponentially.

I strongly believe that my positive attitude, excellent communication skills (including an ability to speak Spanish fluently), and background in Business Administration will allow me to be a valuable asset to your practice. Before entering the field of dentistry, I earned a degree in Management Information Systems from the University and spent a year as a Quality Assurance Analyst at ABC Co., which has given me a fundamental understanding of business principles and will aid in my transition from student to practicing dentist.

I have enclosed my CV for your consideration. I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss my qualifications and experiences in detail. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (555) 555-5555 or via e-mail at email@web.com.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,



Great Dentist, D.D.S.